If you’re a 4C hair girl like me, you know how important it is to have a go-to hairstyle that’s easy to do and still looks chic. Luckily, I recently stumbled upon Sofia Richie’s sleek, lazy girl bun hair routine, and like many, I watched, knowing there was no way her routine would work on my hair type. I have seen it as inspiration for my hair ever since. So, if you have a 4c hair type and are looking for a super moisturising sleek bun, keep reading.
Step-by-Step Guide to Achieving a Sleek Bun Hairstyle:
1. Start with wet hair and apply a detangling spray.
2. Create a strong centre part and brush out the hair.
3. Apply a hair mask or regenerating mask to the entire hair, including the ends.
4. Use a comb to make a line that goes right behind the ear on both sides of the head. Swirl each side of the hair and tie it with a clip.
5. Decide on the placement of the bun and apply a texture lotion underneath, focusing on the back part of the head. (In this step, I use gel for a better hold.)
6. Gather the hair into a low ponytail and tie it with a hair tie.
7. Take out the clips and brush back the remaining hair. Seal the hair down in the front with the lotion. (again, I use gel.)
8. Take another hair tie and brush the hair against the head as tight as possible, tying it down.
9. Repeat step 8 on the other side.
10. Hold all the hair in the back and twist it around itself. Tie it down with another hair tie and brush out any imperfections.
11. Apply a small amount of oil to the corners of the head for extra shine. (I am generous with the oil and use oil conditioning spray.)
12. Enjoy your sleek and chic bun hairstyle!
Note: Starting with wet hair is crucial to securing the hairstyle, and using a hair mask can assist in hair growth and health. This hairstyle is simple and easy to achieve with any product, so feel free to use what works best for you.
After following this routine, I have loved how my hair has been moisturised. As it is the rainy season, having a wearable hairstyle that doesn’t include straight hair is also beneficial.
Try this sleek bun hairstyle, and feel confident and stylish all day! Remember to share your experience and let us know how it worked. And always remember, whether you have 4C hair or any other hair type, you can achieve this simple hairstyle with a few tweaks to the steps and the proper techniques. Happy styling!
Affiliate links have been used in this post
- Beauty Bars vs Soap: Understanding the Differences and Choosing the Right Cleansing Product for Your Skin
- 8 Healthy Halloween Treats to Nourish Your Body and Mind
- [AD] Unboxing the Lookfantastic Beauty Advent Calendar: A Luxury Treat for the Festive Season
- Embracing Your Inner Lone Wolf: 5 Signs You Might Be a Lone Wolf Personality and How to Build Deeper Connections with Others
- Unlock the Secret to Healthy and Glowing Skin with Amatus Skincare Range