For the first time I visited The Gypsy Shrine store, located just off Carnaby Street in London. Carnaby Street is well known for it selection of 100 shops and 60 places to eat and drink. Not only home to where I tried Chicken and Waffles for the first time but all of these places are just a 3 minute walk from Oxford Circus.
The Gypsy Shrine
If you are a festival goer or observer then you probably recognise The Gypsy Shrine range. It is difficult not to recognise their iconic face and body gems lighting up any makeup look. Even if you have followed me since the Summer then you would have seen their products.
Originally starting his career in hair styling, Danny Defreitas now has a huge 144k following on Instagram. His regular content includes beauty, skincare and everything luxurious you expect from an influencer. Aside from his masterclass at The Gypsy Shrine, Danny also recently collaborated with Ardell Lashes. This was to produce his very own range of lashes which you can pick up from your local Superdrug.
5 things I learnt
- The Gypsy Shrine have cool products outside of glitter. One of the palettes which Danny used was the Face & Body Painting Palette [Gypsy Shrine x Mehron]. The palette has 8 primary colours so you can create endless looks. The product is water activated and with the coconut formula these are also vegan friendly.
2. Huda Overachiever Concealer is as good as everyone says it is. Not only was I lucky enough to have tried it earlier that day however this was also highlighted Danny as being great quality.
3. It’s not just the concealer that is of great quality and one of Dannys current favourite. The latest eyeshadow palettes were also used to create his look. Despite highlighting that Huda Beauty did not sponsor this masterclass look, it was clear Danny was a fan of her products.
4. The Gypsy Shrine have an amazing range of body glitters. The minute Danny started placing these on it completed the look.
5. Not to mention that their gems are reusable with eyelash or special effects glue will keep your body gems alive. You can use these to reapply them plus you can cut them up to create a completely bespoke look.
It doesn’t stop with Danny either there are ongoing Masterclasses at The Gypsy Shrine so be sure to check them out. If you don’t happen to be by a store then they also have tutorials on their website which you can check out HERE.
Wanna check out the full video for the look I created then click HERE.