As you know one of my pledges was to read more in 2016, more specifically just one book each month. My January pick was “Strong looks better naked” by Khloe Kardashian. I wanted to share with you my thoughts and 7 learns from it.
Often I struggle if I don’t read a book in full in one weekend, as I tend to get distracted and not pick them back up once I put them down. With this book I felt like I connected and was able to relate to the stage of life Khloe was at when she wrote this it. My belief is that everyone has a time in their lives when they need to find the motivation deep down in order to keep going and that’s what this book captured really well.
The motivation I need for my situation will be personal to me. Although these are things I learnt, everyone will take away something different.
Without further hesitation here are the 7 things Khloe Kardashian has taught me;
- Melon-Flavoured water – I frequently try to drink more water. For flavour I usually use freshly cut mint and lime. Recently I have been using lemon as I have read about the health benefits of having this in the mornings. Despite having placed a number of fruit in water along the way, it never occurred to me to use melon. I recently tried it and it has been in my fridge everyday since.
- Start you day with lemon water – This is something that I have been doing for some time. Despite this the part about Japanese water therapy Khloe highlighted, I am even more motivated. Place a slice of lemon in your water for added benefits.
- Organic food – I often forget how lucky in London I am to have a very large organic range selection.
- Eating clean – I could definitely be more aware of the seasonal menus when I am cooking or eating out.
- Organised – Making it visual was a tip which resulted in me moving the position of my notice board. This way in my office area it is very clear what I need to achieve each day.
- Have faith – One of my most favourite quotes from the entire book was ” If you want to make god laugh, tell him your plans”. It is so true that there are twists and turns in life no matter how hard you try to keep control of it all. Having faith that everything happens for a reason is vital especially when it feels like things are not going your way.
- Work it out – I’d be silly if I ignored that the overriding theme of this which was how Khloe worked through things in the gym. I sometimes forget to work out my frustrations in the gym despite knowing how this will release endorphins which, hopefully we all know make people happy.
This would be a great read if you are;
- a Khloe Kardashian fan looking for her daily eating routine and recipes
- looking for her gym playlist
- looking for inspiration to keep fit
I have already made my February selection be sure to check back next month to find out what it is.
I’d love to know what your thoughts on the first Khloe Kardashian book? Be sure to share your comments below.
P.S – Special credit to my bestie for the bookmark from Korea
7 thoughts on “7 things Khloe Kardashian taught me”
I am a Kardashian fan! You make me want to get her book and read it! I have been so busy but now I want to make time! Thanks
You soo should it is really inspirational and whilst you wait to read it you can try the recipes until you are free 🙂
I love that idea!
Ive never really been a Kardashian fan but reading this has definately made me consider getting the book. Xx