As you know one of my pledges was to read more in 2016, more specifically just one book each month. My January pick was Khloe Kardashians “Strong looks better naked” and I wanted to share with you my thoughts and 7 learns from it.
I have to admit I often struggle if I don’t read a book in full in one weekend, as I tend to get distracted and not pick them back up once I put them down. I felt that with this book I connected as I was able to relate to the stage of life Khloe was at when she wrote this it. I think everyone has a time in their lives when they need to find the motivation deep down in order to keep going and that’s what this book captured really well.
The one thing I will say is that the motivation I need for my situation will be personal to me and so although these are things I learned, I think everyone will take away something different.
Without further hesitation here are the 7 things Khloe Kardashian has taught me;
- Melon-Flavoured water – I always try to encourage myself to drink more water and to flavour it I always use freshly cut mint and lime which I love (and would recommend). I have started to use lemon as I have read about the health benefits of having this in the mornings and although I have placed a number of fruit in water along the way, it has never occurred to me to use melon. I recently tried it and it has been in my fridge everyday since.
- Start you day with lemon water – As I have just mentioned I have been doing this for some time now but after reading about Japanese water therapy after Khloe highlighted the importance of staying hydrated, I am converted. Also it is said that if you place a slice of lemon in your water then there are further added benefits.
- Organic food – I am already really picky about what I eat however sometimes I forget how lucky in London I am to have a very large organic range selection.
- Eating clean – Even when eating out there is usually a seasonal menu which means that I can eat foods which are in season and I think this is something I could definitely be more aware of when I am cooking or eating out.
- Get organised – Everyone says I am organised but I think that I can definitely get even better organised. One tip Khloe mentioned was making it visual so I have moved the position of my notice board to my office area so that it is very clear what I need to achieve each day.
- Have faith – One of my most favourite quotes from the entire book was ” If you want to make god laugh, tell him your plans”. It is so true that there are twists and turns in life no matter how hard you try to keep control of it all. Having faith that everything happens for a reason is vital especially when it feels like things are not going your way.
- Work it out – I’d be silly if I ignored that the overriding theme of this which was how Khloe worked through things in the gym. I sometimes forget to work out my frustrations in the gym despite knowing how this will release endorphins which, hopefully we all know make people happy.
So whether you are a Khloe Kardashian fan looking for her daily eating routine and recipes or her gym playlist (which are included) or just someone looking for inspiration to keep fit, I would definitely recommend this book.
I have already made my February selection be sure to check back next month to find out what it is.
I’d love to know what your thoughts are of this book be sure to share your comments below.
P.S – Special credit to my bestie for the bookmark from Korea